It’s time for our first interview of the series “Interviews On Worship”! I’m excited to have my good friend, Brandon Kittridge, answer some questions today. Brandon is awesome because he has the same name as me, but he also has a heart for God. He plays bass guitar in our worship band.
I asked him to answer a few questions…so here it goes!
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Musical Jesus Freak
2. What are your favorite hobbies?
- Playing any instrument I have/can find, learning more and more musically, listening to Christian music, failing to attempt not to waste time sometimes, writing lyrics, writing other things (like guest posts or messages from the Bible)…
3. What are your favorite bands/artists?
- Top 2: Leeland and Phil Wickham, you guys are the best! There are a whole lot of other Christian bands and artists I like too, but that’s a long list that would be hard to rank and name haha!
Thoughts On Worship
1. Why do you lead worship?
- Worship is very important to me, it is one of the most intimate times we get to spend with God, and to get up on stage and pray to God in music and song, while leading others in it, is a huge blessing!
2. How do you prepare yourself each week for worship?
- I do my best to make sure I’m in sync with God and His will carefully, in prayer and self-examination. The very last thing I want is to get up on stage when I’m not as close to or submissive to God as I should be.
3. How important of a role does prayer play in worship leading?
- Prayer is everything. Trying to worship without praying is impossible, because the very definition of praise worship is praying to God intimately in song or music. The more intimately I’m praying when I worship, the closer to God I am. The more I feel the true symphony of joy He gives, the more I realize who He really is.
4. What do you consider the hardest part of leading worship?
- When Satan tries to take my mind off of what it’s all about by anything from the notes in the song to a distraction in the audience. Also when the audience isn’t worshiping…it’s hard to stay encouraged and focused on God and His greatness. I definitely try to stay away from these distractions and do my best to stay focused on intimate prayer towards God.
Well, that was an interview with my friend Brandon Kittridge. Stay tuned next week for more interviews!
What questions do you have for Brandon?